It's been a long time since I posted on this blog and there is a good reason for that. For about a month, the project was officially dead in the water. Melia decided she couldn't keep up with the rigors of sequential art and, seeing as she had only ever been in involved in this for her own amusment, I had no room complain. Easy come, easy go, but I was stuck with the problem of how to procede without an artist. For a while, the whole endeavor seemed doomed.
Eventually, I decided that I could reformat the whole project as an online serial pulp. I've begun to rewrite my prologue script into a prose piece and I find that, along with being reinvigorating, the process helps overcome some expositional limitations I was facing when attempting to streamline the pagecount of the comic.
The best part, however, came the other night when Melia informed me that she would be happy to try out illustrations for the serial, along with covers. This is tentative, but the nice thing about the prose route is that I am less bound by the illustrator and, being a smaller artistic commitment, Melia is more likely to stay on despite the pressures of school. Furthermore, if need be, I can find a replacement without the perils of the daunting workload. Hopefully this project will be more resilient than the comic was.
So keep your eyes posted for GAME CHANGERS: Prologue - Blue Monday. Coming some time in the next two months. I'll post some segments up here soon and put the completed prologue up with cover and illustrations when it is finished. After that we'll have to make a dedicated site.